Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer conditioning


It is a long drive to my training grounds. But I do live very near a terrific trail system, and have been running dogs there on checkcords (no off leash dogs, and no four-wheelers, dammit). My usual loop is about 6 miles.  

I have contemplated using my mountain bike to road dogs, but two dogs and a mountain bike = scrapes and scars. While thinking about a simple way to road at full running speeds, I searched up this dry-land mushing cart. Built by Arctis in California, this cart or something like it would neatly solve my problem. 

2 comments:

Dale Hernden said...

Great Idea but its expensive. I'd bet you could make one for alot less

Jon Uhart said...

Mike,

I can't speak for anybody else but I have yet to bite it while bikejoring my dogs, although there have been some close calls. If you read any of the bikejor stuff on the web folks all over the world do say it can be dangerous, but I haven't found that to be true. The cart you posted looks interesting and I'd give it a try. Can't tell if there's suspension, but I'd want it on the gravel roads I use. Less pressure in the tires is better than too much. Let us know how it works out.

Jon