Saturday, January 26, 2008

Big Montana


At the end of September, I traveled to Montana from training camp in South Dakota to hunt sharptailed grouse and gray partridge. In Malta I met my friend and hunting partner, Pete Houser of San Diego. Pete had driven nearly non-stop pulling a 23' travel trailer with his two setters, Rosie and Silk. Shortly thereafter, Mark Copeland of Dallas joined us at our camp with his trailer and two shorthairs. With the three dogs that I brought along it made an active and interesting camp.


As soon as Mark arrived and backed in, we were off hunting sharptails. We did well with grouse for the week that Mark was with us, and hunting continued to be good through the following week. After Pete returned to San Diego, I moved operations to Big Timber, staying at the Grand Hotel and hunting around Harlowton and Judith Gap for an additional week. 

1 comment:

Gary Kirkpatrick said...

I like what you're doing Mike.
Good job. Keep it up

Gary