Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer camp

I have not posted in about a month... sorry. I have been busy with the business and have been making plans for the Summer.

I've been talking to Paul Garrett, making plans to go to eastern Montana for a Summer training camp. So as it stands right now I will be heading to Montana at the end of July for 6 weeks of fun training and running my setters. When we are done, I expect to spend a few weeks just bird hunting in Montana or Saskatchewan. I have never been able to spend that much focused time training, and jumped at the chance to do so... especially with such an experienced 'setter man'.

I expect to post some photos and notes, as well as get Cody green broke for his derby season, and work with Tommy and Ted on sharptails.

4 comments:

Mark Coleman said...

If you're trying to make me jealous it worked.

Andrew Campbell said...

Mike: congratulations on getting some time away! I feel blessed to be able to do much the same thing -- and will head out for AZ this coming weekend to work with Bill Gibbons again, and to return to NYC in September.

Looking forward to taking the red-dogs and our newest, Jake. He might not be a setter, but he sure has a long tail.

best
Andrew

Craig Peters Warrens, WI 443-206-1091 said...

Daaaamn Man!

Gary Thompson said...

Crap! That sound like a wonderful time. I hope I get a chance to spend that much concentrated time with my dogs. Maybe someday.