Friday, May 30, 2008

Not my dog...


Like everybody else who owns a dog, I must sometimes brag a bit on my dogs.  This is a very bad habit, I know, because within a short time your dog will make a fool of you. But I can't help it.

To be fair and balanced, I would like to post some about impressive dogs I have met when hunting. One such dog is Buzz Lightyear who belongs to guide and outfitter Dennis Kavanaugh of Montana Bird  Hunts. I hunted with Dennis two years ago and the first time he put Buzz down he RAN. Made my hair stand on end to watch him. He was breath taking. His bird work is simply stunning. On one find Buzz motored about 800 yards across the top of a plateau and stuck a covey of Huns. Dennis, Clair and I got in the truck and DROVE to his find. I can't say enough about the quality of this dog - a real handful, but an amazing bird dog!

Buzz was sired by Winchester's Patcher at Coulee Setters in Sand Coulee, Montana. They are HERE, Montana Bird Hunts and Dennis Kavanaugh can be found HERE. Dennis hunts Montana out of the Grand Hotel in Big Timber, Montana and runs the best oufitted upland hunts available. He also hunts his dogs in Arizona for Mearns and Gambel's quail. 

No comments: