Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Heartland Dog Stakes



Before heading for Montana last Summer, I decided that I needed a good set of stake outs for the dogs. I found an excellent product from Heartland Dog Stakes, offered in steel or stainless steel.


I used the steel Heartland stakes at camp in Montana and since then while hunting and field trailing. They work very well, don't bind, and the cables have never come loose. I recommend them. The only improvement I can think of that would make them easier to use is to cover the metal crimps with a heavy heat shrink tube to make them more comfortable to handle.


Here's where to get them...


Heartland Dog and Horse Stakes
mike coleman 
319-929-3460 
_mike850@excite.com

5 comments:

Craig Peters Warrens, WI 443-206-1091 said...

I 2nd that. I had three since last summer and just ordered 2 more.

Gary Thompson said...

I've not found a need for a stake out, other than for training. Mind if I ask why you felt compelled to have them for hunting?

Jared Tappero said...

That's a good-looking stake. They appear to be a little sturdier than the ones I am currently using. I'll give them a try as mine wear out.

Andrew Campbell said...

Thanks, Mike. I had looked at these before I decided to build a ground chain tie-out. I may still get a couple to anchor that chain on each end.

Mike Spies said...

Gary - I like to keep my dogs on a stake out when I am in hunting camp. I cannot keep them in boxes all the time - I am sometimes out on the road for weeks at a time.