Sue is a diminutive little bitch weighing in at approximately 37-lbs. She is just under 2-yrs old and is pretty-well broke; steady to wing and shot, and backs on sight. Her breeding is about 90% Elhew; in the 6th and 7th generation of which all breedings go back to Dr. Nitchman'sChampion and great producer, Elhew Strike; through such Champions as Swami, Snakefoot and Big Blaze . The other 10% of her breeding is mostly Rock Acre and Fiddler stock, through Champions Rock Acre Blackhawk and Fiddlin' Rocky Boy. She runs with intensity and purpose, and points with high head and tail. I have hunted her several times this season and she seems to have the stamina and feet for the job.
Life is short Quit your job. Turn off the TV. Go outside and play.
The photo behind the title header was made by Clair Kofoed in NE Oregon several years ago - Jesse pointing, Huns flushing, and me thinking about the camera and shooting behind.
This century's quotes
"Over the long haul of life on this planet, it is the ecologists, and not the bookkeepers of business, who are the ultimate accountants."
- Stewart Udall, 1970
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
Ted is a from Crockett/Sunrise lines, with some Cover Dog blood from his dam's side. Ted has earned eight shooting dog placements in his career, and has a lot of wild birds shot over his points.
"Cody" - Wenaha Code Red
Cody is from Jetsetter X Johnny's Jewel. He has derby wins at the Western Open Derby Classic and the Oregon Shooting Dog CH. He is a coming AA prospect.
"Andy" Wenaha Black Storm
Andy is 16 months old - a son of Tekoa Mountain Patriot X Iron Mistress - a daughter of Grid Iron.
"Tommy" Wenaha Tomahawk
Tommy is son of Ted's half brother, CH Jetsetter - double bred See Johnny Run - and was whelped in August, 2007. He qualified with a HB Open Derby placement in Nov., 2008. As he develops, I expect that he will be a nice bird dog.
"Jesse" Wenaha Jesse James
Jesse was a good bird dog - staunch on point, broke STWS, and a good retriever. He passed on early this year at 13 years of age. Thanks, Jesse.