Monday, May 3, 2010

Tommy travels to Maurice Lindley


I have been seeking a training venue for Tommy, who is now two and ready for finishing. A friend, Leif Lendrop, had scheduled time to travel to SC to put his young pointer with Maurice Lindley for summer training, and suggested that I send Tommy along. So Leif took Tommy on his trip to South Carolina - thanks, Leif.
Tommy seems to adjusted to the new surroundings and has realized that there are birds down south. He will be with Maurice for the summer and should be home in time for Fall hunting and trial season.

6 comments:

Andrew Campbell said...

From all accounts, Mike, you picked a great option for Tommy. Will be very interested to hear how he comes back.

all best
Andrew

Mark Coleman said...

He'll do a fine job for you. If you can work it out, you should come down one weekend and watch him work Tommy. Where do you live?

Mike Spies said...

Mark

I live on the West Coast and thought about traveling with my friend down to SC. A little too much $ and not enough time - so I passed. I believe that Maurice has the right approach for Tommy, and am looking forward to some good results.

Thanks.

Craig Peters Warrens, WI 443-206-1091 said...

Good Luck with him. Do you think the Piney Woods will hold that prairie dog?

Craig

Mike Spies said...

Thank you. I will keep you all posted.

Craig - I don't know. He likes to roll.

Unknown said...

Hey Mike....

Glad to see you trust some of the good ole boys down here in SC with "yo Dawg", I mite have to go see'em and maybe can deter-mine if he has enuff run in hem to make it down here in the pine thickets.... :)