Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hopefull about next year

I found a helpful site for California precipitation:

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/precip/PRECIPOUT

The Lake Isabella area is right on average so I can hope for some quail in the Western Sierras next year (this past year was pretty meager). Sadly, the numbers in the Owens Valley are not nearly as good so the chukar outlook remains dim. But there were some good storms in the north/central Sierras in early March so I'll stay hopeful until the April numbers are finalized.

San Diego is running close to normal for the year. If we can get one more decent storm this month I'll hunt locally next year. I have not done that for two years, though in past wet years (2005-2006 for example) I've had a few local honey holes that were pretty good.

1 comment:

Mike Spies said...

It does look more promising, Pete, than it has in the past couple of years.